Create testing descriptors

Hello,

My name is June, and I’m currently developing some NFV-based Applications. I already have my applications onboarded on OSM, and I’m capable of deploying them. After the deployment of the application, I started to conduct some manual tests to evaluate the functionality of my application, but came across your research project. The validation methodologies you provide in 5GASP are extremely useful for me, and thus, I want to leverage your ecosystem to test and validate my applications.

How can I create tests that can be performed on your ecosystem? Furthermore, I also realized the testing process is orchestrated based on the contents of a “Testing Descriptor” YAML file. Can you provide me with any information on how to develop this Testing Descriptor?

Hi, June!

I am glad to know you find the 5GASP project useful in some way to your projects :slight_smile:

Regarding the testing process, this is made through a testing descriptor, as you’ve mentioned. The descriptor is a YAML configuration file that outlines how a network application or service should be tested. With it, you can define, for example, the testbed on which you want to perform the tests, the tests to be performed, its parameters, etc.

To help developers, SMEs, etc, create Testing Descriptors easily, 5GASP developed the 5GASP CLI. The CLI has the following features:

• List Test Beds
  • List Available Tests
  • Create a Testing Descriptor

You can find more info on the CLI on the 5GASP Community Forum here.

There is also a CLI tutorial; you can find it here.

I hope I was of help. If you have more questions, please feel free to tell me.

Note: Currently, the 5GASP CLI only supports the creation of Testing Descriptors for Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs). We hope that, in the future, it can also work for Cloud-Native Network Functions (CNFs).