VIM Account – Incorrect Configuration

Hello all,​
I have recently started working with OSM 10, and I am trying to configure a VIM account through the OSM UI, to connect with OpenStack. However, the creation is always unsuccessful, and I cannot figure out why, since the feedback displayed by the OSM UI is really limited.

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi Fred,

In order to have more detail over your VIM Account creation, you should use the OSM CLI that you may install using this guide : OSM client - OSM Public Wiki.

After installing the CLI, you should use the command vim show, which will provide you details of the VIM account, and consequently, the error associated with its creation.

Besides this, you may have to provide an additional configuration to the VIM Account for OpenStack. In our case, as the OpenStack authentication is done via LDAP, and Openstack did not have any certificate, the following configuration parameters had to be provided:

• project_domain_name: The name of your OpenStack project domain name
  • user_domain_name: The name of your OpenStack user domain name
  • insecure: (If your OpenStack is not using a HTTPS connection)
  • security_groups: (the name of the security group to be used by the VIM Account.)

Finally, another common problem is using the wrong VIM URL. For instance, the URL provided should contain the API version of the Openstack Identity ( example: http://x.x.x.x/v3).

Hope this helps :slight_smile: